Financial Aid - (Revised 2/27/17)
Mauna Loa School embraces the philosophy that every family who truly desires an education at Mauna Loa School for their child(ren) will be able to realize this goal. The school is committed to removing financial barriers to your child's admittance.
|MLS Scholarship Fund||Hawaii Conference/PUC Scholarships||Other Outside funding|
Thank you for your interest the MLS Scholarship program. We will communicate MLS Scholarship award decisions beginning in April 2017. To be eligible for consideration for this scholarship you must complete the following process:
- Adjust your budget to make Christian education a priority.
- Be currently enrolled in MLS or be approved for enrollment by the School Principal or Preschool Director.
- Complete scholarship applications to all other scholarship programs for which you are eligible.
- Complete your financial aid application through School and Student Services (SSS).
- Complete your Parents’ Financial Statement (PFS).
- Submit required documents to SSS.
- Meet with the school treasurer to sign a tentative Financial Agreement.
School and Student Services (SSS)
We use School and Student Services (SSS) to process financial aid applications. Based on the financial information you provide in the Parents’ Financial Statement, SSS gives us an estimated amount your family can contribute to educational expenses. This estimate is a starting point to help us make fair and objective financial aid decisions. To begin your financial aid application for the 2017-2018 school year, please follow these steps below. (You only have to complete one Parents’ Financial Statement, even if you have several children applying.)
- Click on the PFS Logo or go to sss.nais.org/parents.
- Click on the “Apply Now” button.
- The Mauna Loa School/Preschool's SSS code number is 904992.
- You will set up a PFS Online account using your e-mail address and a password. Returning parents: If you completed an online PFS application last year, use your e-mail address and existing password. If you have forgotten your password, click on “Forgot my password.”
- Submit and pay for the PFS. This fee is nonrefundable.
Why apply online? Your information will be delivered to us more quickly and accurately, allowing us to make a faster financial aid decision.
DOCUMENTS WE REQUIRE THAT YOU SUBMIT TO SSS
- 2016 1040(EZ)
- 2016 W-2s
Call SSS Customer Service at (800) 344-8238 with any questions (M-F: 9am-8pm EST. Sat: 9am-4pm EST)
Outside Funding Sources (Including, but not limited to the following) - top
Note: You usually need to contact outside funding organizations as they work directly with you and not through the school. Links to their webpages have been provided to assist you in making contact and starting the application process.
- Mauna Loa Preschool is licensed by the State of Hawai'i DHS and accepts direct payment from DHS programs such as Open Doors and Child Care Connection.
- Mauna Loa Preschool participates in the Pauahi Keiki Scholar - Preschool Program.
- Mauna Loa School participates in the Kipona Scholarship - Kindergarten Program.
Hawai'i Conference/Pacific Union Conference Scholarships (For children of constituent church members) - top
Applications for Hawai'i Conference/Pacific Union Conference scholarships are available from the Mauna Loa School office or from this website.
Important Note #1: All scholarships going to Pacific Union Conference (Baybarz and Pacific Union Endowment) need to be turned in complete with letters from students or parents when students are too young. THEY WILL NOT BE PROCESSED BY UNION IF NOT COMPLETE.
Important Note #2: Please also remember that to get the best scholarship help for your child, you will need to fill out all acholarship appplications below that apply to your child.
Important Note #3: In order to process your child's tuition help application, please make sure that you fill out an appication for each child and print clearly in order to process you child's application efficiently.